Ricon Ramps – the economical and easy route to vehicular access
R-Series Ramps from Faiveley Vapor Ricon offer you an economical solution for accessing any vehicle. They are especially designed to provide safe access and egress for wheelchair/ mobility scooter users, carers / assistants, and anyone requiring to load bulky items in a quick, easy and effective way.
The range now includes the new Lightweight Aluminium Ramp which is electronically operated via a handheld remote, providing a greater ease of operation, but also included is a manual override option in case of an emergency or loss of power to the vehicle.
The Lightweight Aluminium Ramps range is available in lengths from 1700mm to 3400mm with either single or two-fold sections as dictated to by the chosen length, plus a range of widths.
Available in a mesh, or mixed material platform, the ramp weight ranges from 32kg to 39Kg, depending on style and size chosen, which means the impact on maximum load capacity will be greatly reduced. In addition, the new ramp boasts a safe working load of up to 600kg (on some models) and handrails are provided to ensure maximum safety.
- Designed for installation in minibuses, ambulances and other welfare and Patient Transport System vehicles
- Lightweight aluminium construction featuring a tighter non-skid mesh platform for greater rigidity and improved performance
- Safe Working Load of 300 kg
- Self-contained modular design
- Enables you to deploy and stow away in seconds
- Average weight 45 kg weight (dictated by ramp size)
- Gas struts ensures the ramp can be operated easily and safely by a single operator
- The quick release system allows the ramp to be removed from the vehicle when not required
- When closed, the specially designed locking mechanism vastly reduces vibration and noise during travel
- For added security the side rails feature increased heights of 50mm
- Available in a wide range of lengths of: 1800, 2000, 2200, 2400, 2500
- Available in two widths: 800mm and 900mm (Add an extra 40mm to include side rails)
- Designed in accordance with; and tested to BS6109:2